Home   Forums          

How Do I Remove The Ads?

Need help or want to ask us or the rest of the members a question ? Would you like to make a comment or suggestion ? You can do it here.

Re: How Do I Remove The Ads?

Postby geocities.ws » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:17 am

Hi, we are working on this.

About repositioning the ads, we put them at the bottom of the pages to be as unobtrusive as possible, it is not possible to reposition them by the way our script works.

In a couple months our users will be able to choose between normal and ads free accounts. The ads free will be extremely cheap so nothing to worry about there :-D

Best regards
geocities.ws
Site Admin

Re: How Do I Remove The Ads?

Postby geocities.ws » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 am

Hi there,

We completely understand you, and this gives us an idea we might get to work on, give our users the possibility to choose where they want the adds to be placed on. We put them at the bottom just because we thought that´s where they would be less intrusive, but that´s a decision we took and it would have been better to let our users decide.

As soon as we finish some other tasks we are working on (many of them requested by our users in the past like direct ftp access, non-ads hosting, etc) we´ll get to work on this as this is really a good idea.

About the page builder yes, we know our online editor is really really really far from what our users might want to have. Direct ftp access will give the users the oportunity to use their own editors and connect directly to our servers without having to upload the files they editted one by one or without having to use our online editors.

On a later stage we will get to work on a better page builder of course, we want to make our user´s experience as comfortable as possible and we are working to get there, it just takes time but we are moving towards there :-D

Thanks and we´ll let you know as soon as any of the things we mention here get into production
geocities.ws
Site Admin

Return to Help, Questions, Comments & Suggestions